Thursday, April 15, 2010

guilt and herbs

So, in trying to get pregnant, I've tried many things- as I've mentioned. I do acupuncture weekly. I take more vitamins and supplements than anyone should. I take my temperature every morning and chart it. I've had to drastically change my diet.

And I also drink these super gross tasting chinese herb tinctures.

I didn't have to drink them last month, because I was on the clomid. (you know- the clomid that didn't do a damn thing.) Anyway, since I'm not doing clomid this month, I'm back to the herbs, and MAN they taste worse than I thought.

I mix them with hot water and drink them 3 times a day, and it's ROUGH. It didn't seem as gross before, but I think after taking one month off, I'm just not used to it anymore.

Anyway, my point is this: I will love my baby with all my heart. I can't wait to have a little person to love unconditionally and hug and kiss. However, when they're teenagers? Or even younger and throwing horrible temper tantrums and they won't listen to me? I will make sure to let them know about all the gross stuff I had to drink so that I could bring them into this world.

Because you know, what's parenting- without a little guilt? ;)

~ M

2 comments:

  1. me too! nasty, huh? i hate when they get stuck in your throat. ugh. i'm already dreading my evening dose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not on Clomid this month either, but it's because my Obstetrician failed to call my Rx in to the pharmacy before I left on a weekend trip, so I missed that Day 4-9 window... bummer. On the other hand, I've been kinda frisky the last few days and feeling really in the "mood" a lot, so maybe my own hormones are actually working somewhat this month-- I've had some twinges on my right ovary the last two days which could be ovulating maybe, or maybe it's just the stupid cysts hurting me mid-cycle. Anywhoo... just thought I'd share that.

    Also, I've been thinking about going on a dairy-free, gluten-free diet, but oh my gosh, I don't know if I have the will power to do that, not to mention, I have no idea what I'd actually eat that would make me happy. I love to bake breads, and eat them with cheese & butter. None of that fake soy substitute stuff, thanks!

    ReplyDelete