Monday, May 9, 2011

who will you be?


Many times a day, I sit with my hands on my stomach, feeling the two little babies flutter around inside, and wonder; what will they be like? Will they be shy like their mom was, or super creative like their dad? Will they be tall, short, thin, chubby, outgoing, introverted, freckled, blue eyed, red headed, smart, athletic, musical… the list goes on; so many possibilities! And with two of them in there; they could be very similar, or complete opposites! It’s so exciting to think about; yet a little overwhelming at the same time.

I feel like I’m starting to reach a slightly overwhelmed stage in all of this. It feels very similar to the “senioritis” you get before you graduate high school or college. Yes, of course it’s quite different, but I think it’s because I know their arrival is SO close in the grand scheme of things, yet it sometimes still feels so far away! I know it will go quickly though, and they’ll be here before I know it. I still have things to do to prepare for their arrival, but we’re pretty close to ready. And though I do feel impatient to meet them, I also sometimes think “wait! I’m not ready! I’m not ready to have two babies that I’m in charge of. Not ready, I say!”. But I know that I am. I can keep reading books, and going to classes, and checking things off of lists, but I know that I’m ready enough, because I’m more than ready to love them. More than ready to talk to them, smile at them, keep them warm, fed, clothed, changed, safe and snuggled.

It will probably be a while before we see any real distinguishing personalities from each of them, so my curiosity about “who will you be” will probably have to wait a bit. But that’s ok. We have a whole lifetime to figure that out, and until then, we just can’t wait to meet them.

~M

*photo found here

Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

0 comments:

Post a Comment