Wednesday, May 4, 2011

weekly wednesday update

How far along? 29 weeks 6 days! 30 weeks tomorrow!

Total weight gain/loss: To date, 17 pounds. I have a doctor appt. next Tuesday, so I'll see then how much I'm up since the last visit.

Stretch marks? Yes. And the itching is pretty much gone! Let's hope it stays away! I'm sure more stretch marks are in my future. But? Oh well. Whaddyagonnado.

Maternity clothes? Yep. I think this week I will get a couple of spring/summer dresses and maybe a top or two, and then I think I'll be done buying maternity clothes. Though, I may just get spring tops for work, and save the dresses for weekends. I can't seem to stop my ankles form swelling, and since it's no longer tights season really, wearing dresses without any sort of compression tights makes my ankles look elephant-like quite quickly. So, it may just be slacks and tops for work for the next two months.

Sleep: Oh, you know. Not great, but whatever. I usually wake up 6-7 times night to pee, flip over on my other side, and get re situated.

Best moment this week: Watching Ian diaper and burp and swaddle our practice baby in our caring for a newborn class. It was pretty cute, and just made me all the more excited for him to be a dad.

Movement: Yep! I've started to get paranoid about how much they move, or don't move actually. I've read conflicting things; some sources say that the movement will begin to slow down now, because they're running out of room, and some say the opposite. Also, you're supposed to count their movements 1-2 times a day while laying down. This isn't difficult in and of itself, but I find it hard because I can't tell which ONE is kicking me. So, I'm just hoping that if I feel kicks frequently enough, it's ok. I'll ask my doctor next week.

Food cravings: Not really.

Genders: Still two girls!

Labor Signs: Have definitely had braxton hicks contractions, but that's it so far.

Belly Button in or out? Halfway out still. It's kind of wonky looking. :)

What I miss: Second trimester energy. I read that you'd be tired again in your third trimester, but I thought maybe it wouldn't be that much different. But yep! They were right; the sleepiness is back.

What I am looking forward to: Washing and folding all the cute newborn clothes. I think I'll do that in the next few weeks.

Weekly Wisdom: I'm trying really hard to just be patient and realize that this last bit is such a short period of time. So, I'm giving myself some wisdom, that hopefully I'll listen to. "Self? I know you are getting more uncomfortable every day, and that it's getting harder to do things and move around, and you feel like a gigantic whale, but you only have a little more than two months left. It will fly by, and it is all worth it. So, suck it up, do what you can to relax when you can, and think about those two lovely girls on their way."

Milestones: Well, it's not a REAL milestone, but honestly, this week feels like I'm actually in the 3rd trimester. It was a big shift. More tired, more sluggish, more hormonal feeling, and just more pregnant feeling in general.

And here's me, 29 weeks, 6 days! I don't love this dress because I don't think it's very flattering, and it will probably be the last time I wear it to work (see mention of elephant ankles above). Also, I spent way too long trying to get a good photo today, and well, finally just gave up:


Also, (hey, are you getting tired of this yet?) we're up to #57 on Top Baby Blogs! If I make it to 50, I'll be on the second page, which would be really cool. So, if you feel so inclined, click the below button. You can vote once a day! Thanks everyone, and have a lovely Wednesday!

~M

Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

1 comment:

  1. You look marvelous! I hear that you are getting more uncomfortable...I wish I could send you a portable pool to float in! You are on my mind every day...several times a day...knowing that the 3rd trimester can get uncomfortable, especially with twins. Take care, sweet daughter. You are doing such a good job of taking care of you and the girls!xoxo mom

    ReplyDelete