Wednesday, January 26, 2011

weekly wednesday update

How far along? 15 weeks 1 day

Total weight gain/loss: Not sure. I was supposed to have an OBGYN appointment yesterday to find out, but it got moved to next Tuesday. So, I won't know until then.


Stretch marks? Not yet. I have to admit the vain part of myself is slightly worried about these, as I've seen some pictures of women with red stretch marks covering their entire belly. But- if it happens, it happens! :)

Maternity clothes? Yep! I bought a dress WAY on sale at Ann Taylor Loft. It was the last one! I wore it yesterday and it's super cute:



Then, yesterday I bought a whole bunch of stuff from the Gap and Old Navy online, courtesy of my mom, and my friends Miriam and Alex and their generous gift cards. :) Can't wait for it all to arrive!

Sleep: Still decent. I still wake up about 3-4 times to pee a night, but always fall back asleep right away.

Best moment this week: My friend Wendy gave me a TON of hand me down baby gear. Seriously; it was so generous. It was so fun looking at it all stacked in my living room imagining that soon we'll have two babies to use it!

Movement: Nope. I think this is still 3-4 weeks away.

Food cravings: This week the only craving I had was I REALLY wanted birthday cake one night. Not just regular cake, but birthday cake. The kind that comes in sheet cakes and has that really sugary frosting. :) I didn't have any of course, but I sure wanted some.


Genders: Not yet, but check out the sidebar to the left and vote for your predictions! Right now boy/girl is in the lead.

Labor Signs: Nope- thank goodness!

Belly Button in or out? It's in. I think this is an odd question. Maybe I won't think it's odd when it's finally out.

What I miss: Still not really missing much. I guess I miss not being so tired, and the occasional glass of wine.


What I am looking forward to: My ultrasound in TWO days! I can't wait. It's an early anatomy scan, so it should be a long one. Yay- can't wait to see you, babies!

Weekly Wisdom: If you have a problem or need advice, ask the Internet! I got lots of great suggestions to my protein post. Thanks, guys! :)

Milestones: None for me really, but according to my "what to expect when expecting" app on my phone, the babies ear bones are in place by this week, so they can hear us now! That's exciting.

Also, this week, the babies are the size of avocados. This does not seem significantly bigger than last week's orange, but I think it's more about the length. 4-5 inches and each weighs 3 to 5 oz.




In other news, It's snowing like crazy here in New York today, and it's really pretty. And Ian and I are going to a Liz Phair concert tonight; babies' first concert! And now I know they'll be able to hear it, so I hope it's a good one. :)

~M

*photos found here and here

3 comments:

  1. you will know when your belly button pops! it is so weird to see ... i always had an "innie" before but it is POPPED FULLY OUT (and i don't know how it will stretch any more!) ... tee hee. it's also really sensitive for some reason ... and john always wants to poke it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is so cute! YAY for wearing fun new maternity clothes and showing off your bump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh, way cute dress! i didn't even know Loft DID maternity, so thanks for the news.

    and, PS, my belly button is out already this time around. I named him Fred the Groundhog when I was pregnant w/ Elliot (oh yes I did) and Elliot thinks he is HYSTERICAL. toddlers are occasionally very easy to please.

    and... PS. 16 week u/s? look for the goods!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete