Wednesday, January 12, 2011

weekly wednesday update- 13 weeks

At the suggestion of one of you, I’m going to be doing a pregnancy update once a week; though I think for a while, it probably won’t be very interesting. Or maybe to some of you, it will never be interesting. Oh well! : ) So, here goes for my first update:

How far along? 13 weeks 1 day- 2nd trimester!


Total weight gain/loss: At my last appointment, I had only gained one pound. This is good, as my nutritionist said I should “hold” my weight gain until the 23rd week. Yes, you read that right. I have to keep it where it is for 10 more weeks. This is what happens when you start out your pregnancy with some extra junk in the trunk. We’ll see how it goes….

Stretch marks? Well, no new ones. Old ones on my hips from long ago. But not big enough for there to be any yet.

Maternity clothes? Yes. Maternity pants, but no maternity tops yet. Will probably get some of those in the next few weeks though.

Sleep: Well, I wake up about every hour and a half to pee, but I think sleep is getting better. I’m getting used to my snoogle, so I’m sleeping on my side (mostly left) for pretty much the whole night. My back sometimes aches, but mostly it’s ok so far.

Best moment this week: Reaching the second trimester!

Movement: Nope, not yet. Won’t see this for probably another 6-8 weeks.

Food cravings: Not recently. Usually though when I do, it’s red meat. Perhaps I need more iron…I read that because of your increased blood volume you might need more iron, so that might be it. As far as what I’ve craved in the pregnancy to date: Orange juice, fruit, cheeseburgers, mac and cheese, ice cream (HOW have I only gained one pound???)

Genders: Don’t know yet! It’s possible that we might know at the anatomy scan in a couple of weeks, but I think that’s way too early. I’m not counting on that. Plus, if they make a guess that early, it’s very easy for them to be wrong.

Labor Signs: Nope- thank goodness!

Belly Button in or out? Still very much in.

What I miss: Sleeping all the way through the night. Also, sleeping completely comfortably. I realize it’s going to get WAY worse though.

What I am looking forward to: My next ultrasound! I have one on January 28th- the anatomy scan-, and possibly one at my OBGYN appt. on the 25th. Oh, also, not getting heartburn so often. Tums have been my friend lately.

Weekly Wisdom: Wisdom? Hmm. Drinking lots of water IS important. I read it everywhere, but yesterday I was busy and didn’t drink enough, and I didn’t feel great. Oh, also, I went out to dinner with a friend last night and had a non alcoholic beer; thinking that it would be tasty and make me not jealous of her frosty glass. YEAH… it wasn’t good at all. So, lesson learned, most non alcoholic beers are NOT good.

Milestones: Hmm, second trimester again I guess!

So there you have it, all! I don’t know if any of you have any interest in reading this, but, there it is.

Also, in other news; lemons are bigger than peaches? I guess so, because this week my babies are the size of lemons… and last week it was peaches. So, I guess you’d have to qualify it with “they were the size of small peaches, and now they are the size of large lemons…”

That’s it; my update!

~M

*photo found here

2 comments:

  1. Aw, loved this update! Looking forward to what you post week 14 and in subsequent weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the update, and definitely look forward to a weekly one!

    ReplyDelete