Wednesday, January 19, 2011

weekly wednesday update

Whoa- did you know? Weeks go by fast! I feel like I JUST did an update. And, really, not a lot has changed, but I said I'd do a weekly update, so here we go!

How far along? 14 weeks 1 day


Total weight gain/loss: Not sure. I'll see on Tuesday. Again, as of my last appt. I had only gained one pound.

Stretch marks? Negatory. I'm slathering on this super yummy smelling stretch mark prevention oil that my friend Jamie got me, once or twice a day. Don't know if it actually helps, but hey, it can't hurt.

Maternity clothes? No new ones, but my mom and my sweet friends Alex and Miriam sent me gift cards to do some shopping; so I'm definitely going to do that this week!

Sleep: Decent. I wake up about 3-4 times to pee a night, but always fall back asleep right away. I have my snoogle which helps me stay laying on my side, which you have to do starting in your 2nd trimester.


Best moment this week:
realizing that I really am starting to show. I know that strangers probably wouldn't notice; but I can. :)


Movement: Nope.

Food cravings: No, not really. Though I still really struggle with not wanting to eat meat. I'm supposed to have a LOT of protein, and though there are a lot of non meat sources of it out there, meat is one of the best ways to get it. So, I need to try harder to get enough of that in my diet.


Genders: Don't know just yet. Probably will in the next 3-4 weeks though.

Labor Signs: Nope- thank goodness!

Belly Button in or out? Still very much in.

What I miss: I can't say I miss too much yet. I guess if I had to choose, it'd be sleeping on my stomach. I still can, but it's not nearly as comfortable. Plus, I know that sleeping on my left side is the best for the babies, so I do that as much as I can.

What I am looking forward to: My next ultrasound! I have one on January 28th- the anatomy scan-, and possibly one at my OBGYN appt. on the 25th.


Weekly Wisdom: Sleep is important. I didn't get enough the last two nights, and I feel it. This will become a top priority, along with the protein thing.

Milestones: Over a third of the way there! :)

Also, this week, the babies are the size of navel oranges! 4.5 inches and each weighs about 2 to 3 oz.

That's this week's update! I hope I have more to report next week. :)

~M

*photos found here and here

2 comments:

  1. congratulations on your pregnancy! Yay for twins....how exciting! I am sorry to hear about your struggles and loss...i can't imagine how hard that was for you and your husband.

    I am going to have to go back and get caught up on all your post...you know...during my "lunch hour"..hahaha.
    I look forward to following you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for "showing" and for babies the size of oranges! And 3 cheers for the snoogle pillow- that thing is the best!

    ReplyDelete