Tuesday, June 7, 2011

loot

Yesterday I had another baby shower. Not the traditional kind that a friend or family member throws you; but the kind where you pay to get in and they give you all SORTS of crazy loot. And, ok, it wasn't just for ME; it was for me and hundreds of expecting moms in New York City.

This particular shower is held once a year in NYC, and it's called "The Biggest Baby Shower"; and it's put on by a group called Big City Moms. Basically, you pay an entry fee ($68.00) and you gain entry into essentially a wedding show type thing; only for expectant moms.

Hundreds of vendors are there, prizes are given away, seminars on raising kids take place. This year, everyone who attended got an Aprica stroller. I bought my friend Angela a ticket, so she could come with me, and then I'd get two of everything. Two strollers being the main exciting thing. These strollers are about $150 each- so it was well worth it; not to mention- look at all the other loot I scored!



Upon entry, you were given a "bingo" card that had all the names of the vendors on it. You had to visit 20 vendors to claim your stroller and gift bag. You also had to attend one seminar. Angela and I powered through and got to about 14 vendors before we went to a 7:30 seminar on "Raising a Chemical Free Baby", by Dr. Sears. Once that was done, we quickly visited our last 6 vendors and were on our way! We got in line to get our strollers and bags of gifts, and headed home.

Anyone in the NYC area that happens to find themselves pregnant in the next year, I believe these baby showers are usually held in the late Spring, early Summer. You can check out the website here to keep in the loop for the next shower. I had a great time and it was well worth it!

~M

P.S. I'm not being paid by Big City Moms in any way; I just wanted to tell you about my fun adventure!

Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome! I wish they had something like that where I live - or if thewy do - I wish i had known about it! Good thinking on taking someone so you could get 2 stollers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous! What a fun event! And you got to hear Dr Sears speak? He is the best in the business in my book.
    You may already know about this, but if not, they sell stroller connectors allowing you to hook two strollers together so you can push two at once, making them like a side-by-side double stroller :) Might come in handy if you don't have a double! Those are really nice strollers. Good for you and your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look of the blog!! That is so awesome! What a bunch of great loot! Wow! What fun. I'm glad to know you were able to be so out and about! Things must be going well. :)

    ReplyDelete