Wednesday, March 16, 2011

weekly wednesday update

How far along? 22 weeks 6 days!

Total weight gain/loss: Well, I had my doctor appointment yesterday. And in the last 3 weeks, I’ve supposedly gained 8 pounds. UGH. Ok, I don’t know if I entirely believe I’ve gained that much. Yesterday my digestion was a bit off, and it felt like all the food I’d had the night before, and all the food I had that day (my appointment was at 5:30pm) was just sitting there in my stomach. So, I think that was part of it. However, I know I must have gained some. I asked her if she was concerned, and she said, “Not at all. 12 pounds in 22 weeks for a twin pregnancy? You’re doing awesome.” Which is nice to hear, but honestly, I just do not want to be carrying around another 10-15 pounds on top of this. I know I very well might, but I just can’t imagine how uncomfortable that will be. I also am so so paranoid about gestational diabetes. Anyway. All in all, I’m not happy about this, but not much I can do. I did exercise the other night, and will continue to do so at least 3 days a week. I’m also going to ignore any and all frozen yogurt cravings for the next 3 weeks (my next appointment and also when they’re doing my glucose test) to see if that helps.

Stretch marks? Yes.

Maternity clothes? Yep, still wearing maternity clothes.

Sleep: Oh, kind of crummy lately. Last night I woke up every 45 minutes, my hips killing me. I had to flip over each time, which sort of helped, but not really. I’ve really started to be sore lately, and I’m hoping that exercise and yoga will help a little.

Best moment this week: I was absentmindedly just sitting on the couch with my hand on my belly, and I felt a SUPER tiny kick from the outside. First time that has happened, and it was really wonderful.

Movement: Yep! I feel them every day now, several times a day. I think I feel more from baby A, because she’s head down. Baby B is laying horizontally above her, so I think it’s harder to feel her movements at the size she’s currently at. But I do feel both of them, especially when I’m lying down, or after I’ve eaten. It’s really the best thing ever.

Food cravings: Nope.

Genders: Still two girls!

Labor Signs: No- not yet.

Belly Button in or out? Still in, but I give it a matter of weeks before it’s out.

What I miss: I hate this category, because I don’t want to EVER sound ungrateful for being pregnant with my two babies. Because in general, it’s been nothing but exciting and wonderful. That said, I do really miss sleeping through the night. And yes, I realize this is just something I need to get used to. I think it’d be less difficult if it weren’t also accompanied by hip pain.

What I am looking forward to: More movement! I’m excited for when they’re a little bigger and I can constantly feel them move from the outside, and Ian can finally feel it as well.

Weekly Wisdom: I’ve read in several different places this week, to enjoy the time you’re pregnant, because it goes by so quickly. I’m really trying to do that, because I know it will race by. I don’t want to miss anything!

Milestones: Someone totally touched my belly without asking. Granted, it was a co-worker and not a stranger, but it was pretty funny. I didn’t mind at all, because it made me totally feel like a real pregnant lady. Probably wouldn’t dig it too much though if it had been a stranger. :)


That's it for my update this week! Happy Wednesday to one and all!

~M

4 comments:

  1. Oh I had forgotten (already) that I could always count on Oliver moving after I ate! I loved that so much. You have dinner and then just wait and there they go. There like, "thanks for the food, Mama!"

    LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a great job! I'd gained 8 pounds even before I knew I was pregnant. : )
    Be gentle with yourself. You have been doing such amazing things getting ready for those sweet girls...taking care of yourself, eating healthy, walking (and I agree that you might have forgotten how much walking you are already doing...it seemed like a lot to me when I was there! I love you, little mama. xoxo mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom said it best. . .you are doing a GREAT job! Too many woman don't stop to think about what they are "feeding" their babies while pregnant and their overall health, so right there, you already have a head start on most!

    That's awesome you are feeling more movement now from the babies. . . another reminder that they are growing bigger and stronger every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are doing SO well! and don't forget that your belly grows gradually, so you get time to adjust to the new weight. it's not super burdensome (you know, until the very end) as a result. it's like how your arm muscles will grow carrying the girls as they get heavier. nature is pretty smart. :)

    ALSO my maternal fetal medicine nurse recommended peeing more during the night to help my hip discomfort. i know, getting up is awful. but she swears that it helps with all the pressure in that area, so i'm going to try it myself this week.

    love you mama!

    ReplyDelete