Wednesday, March 23, 2011

weekly wednesday update- birthday edition


Today I turn 34, and I think that by far, this is my favorite birthday ever.

I’m not having a huge party or anything (though my husband IS taking me out for a lovely dinner and I can’t wait! THE most exclusive party in town!) but I just couldn’t be more excited about this year. It has been such a long road to get where we are; so many fertility/health struggles, a loss, and just lots of heartache along the way. So today, when I turn 34, I am so thankful for my amazing husband, my wonderful family and friends, and my two little girls that I just can’t WAIT to meet. Yes, I am quite excited for 34, in a way that I’ve never been excited for a birthday. Thankful doesn’t even actually begin to cover it.

Ok, now on to the update!

How far along? 23 weeks 6 days!

Total weight gain/loss: To date, 12 pounds. I’m hoping to slow it down a bit from here on out, but as I understand, the end is when you gain weight the fastest. Ugh. I’d LOVE to keep it at no more than 20, but I guess we’ll see. I’ve been better about getting some extra walking in this week, so maybe that will help. Though my co-workers DID just get me an ice cream cake for my birthday, and I just had a big piece… so…

Stretch marks? Yes. And it will be yes until forever, because those sons of bitches don’t ever go away. Stretch marks? More like jerk marks.

Maternity clothes? Yep! Trying to find something to wear to my shower next week. Haven’t had any luck yet!

Sleep: Meh. I think I’m getting used to it being crappy. I’m a tiny bit worried about how much my hips hurt when I wake up each time to flip over, only because I know it will only get worse….

Best moment this week: I have been feeling the babies kick from the outside, but THIS week, Ian got to feel two kicks! It was pretty darn wonderful and amazing to share that. Sappy? Yes. True? Also yes. :)

Movement: Yep! I feel them every day now, several times a day. It’s the best thing ever. Even when I wake up at night and they are like “yay, mom’s up! Time to party!” I don’t even mind, because I like feeling them move so much.

Food cravings: Nope.

Genders: Still two girls!

Labor Signs: No- not yet.

Belly Button in or out? Still in, but I give it a matter of weeks before it’s out.

What I miss: I miss having a seat on the subway. OH WAIT! I always get a seat now because people always kindly give me their seats when the train is crowded!

What I am looking forward to: I have a growth scan on Friday, so I get to see how big they are and how they’re doing. My favorite!

Weekly Wisdom: I really don’t like this one. Wisdom, wisdom… let’s see…… it’s my birthday today, so you’d think I’d feel a little wise about something. Oh! If you get a run in your maternity tights and you think that you can just go get some regular tights in a bigger size and they’ll be ok, you’re wrong.

Milestones: As mentioned earlier, Ian felt the babies kick! That is my favorite milestone so far. :)

That's it for my update this week!

~M

1 comment: