Wednesday, July 28, 2010

a sticky situation

Hey, didja hear? I'm pregnant! :)

Oh, you heard? Well, I never tire of saying it. Seriously, I kind of want to tell everyone I see. That phrase "shout it from the rooftops"? Yeah, I now know what that means.

Anyway, I'm a few days shy of 4 weeks pregnant. So far, so good. Nothing much really to report.

Oh, except for the fact that because of my Factor V Leiden and PAI1 (blood clotting disorders) for now, I have to give myself a blood thinner shot every morning.

I went in today to learn how to do it. It didn't really hurt but it was hard to actually DO it. I am not sure I actually did; I think the nurse pushed my hand a little. So, I'll see how easy it is to do tomorrow morning.

Anyway, I say "for now" because tomorrow I have an appointment with a hematologist to see if I will need to take a blood thinner for the rest of my pregnancy.

Giving myself a shot every day won't be fun. But I can honestly tell you- I just don't care. Nothing can take away this high of knowing we're going to be parents. And if it helps keep this pregnancy healthy all the way until the end; well, it's more than worth it.

~M

1 comment:

  1. you can do it mama! you will kick the ass of those shots :)

    ReplyDelete