Friday, October 22, 2010

oh good. the crazies are back.

Well, first off; I had my IUI yesterday. It went- well? I don't know. I mean, it was easy- not much more to it than you usually have to put up with for a regular pelvic exam. So, it was simple. The only sad part was after it was over, then I was left there in the room by myself. I think if we do an IUI again, I'll have Ian come with me, to hang out in the room with me afterwards. Maybe that will help....

Anyway, he tested my pH again; and I'm still all acidic, even though I used the baking soda solution the night before I went in. So, I'm not sure what the deal is. I'm doing everything the same as last time, and it worked last time. I have to figure this out though; because if I can't, and we don't get pregnant this time; we'll have to make sure I'm not all acidic or I'll kill the sperm every time. And, well, that's no good if you're trying to get pregnant! (a little biology for you guys. The sperms have to be ALIVE to make a baby.) So; we'll have to figure that out for sure.

But, on to the crazies. What do I mean by "the crazies" you ask? Well, I'll tell you. I suppose they could also be called "the googles". Let me explain. So, on Wednesday, I got a shot of hCG to trigger ovulation. He said it would make me ovulate in the next 24-48 hours. So, I figured on Thursday or Friday morning, I'd wake up and take my temp, and it would be up- indicating that I ovulated. But; it didn't. Now, technically 48 hours from my trigger shot would be this morning around 10am; so, it's possible I didn't ovulate yet and did or will today- and then when I wake up tomorrow, my temp will be up. But, I started worrying- "Does the shot ever just NOT work? I'd better google it to see if it ever just straight up doesn't work for someone."

Yep. I googled. Yes, I know; bad news- but how ELSE do you expect me to get my answers? I mean, really. Anyway, so I googled "hCG trigger shot always work?" and it turns out, that NO, it doesn't always work. Can you believe it?!? (ha. kidding.) Now, I have no percentages or anything, because it was mostly forums I read it on, but still. Sigh. I guess that since we've resumed "trying" again, with that comes the crazies. I do my best not to go google crazy, but sometimes you just want answers. There's nothing I can do really; except wait. I'm just going to be super bummed if I don't actually ovulate until like Sunday or something, since my IUI was on Thursday. I HOPE I ovulate today. Keep your fingers crossed.

Anyway, that's all for now. The crazies are back. Can't say I missed 'em; but I am excited that we're trying again. For now- just trying to stay positive.

Have a lovely weekend, all!

xoxo

~M

0 comments:

Post a Comment