Tuesday, August 16, 2011

on the move

It has been a little hectic in our household lately; and not just because we have two, two-month-old girls to take care of. It's also because we have decided to move back home! You see, we live in New York City now- and have for almost 5 years- but we're both originally from the Pacific Northwest and we've decided to move back; specifically to Seattle.

We couldn't be more excited because all of our family lives in Washington and Oregon, so we'll be much closer to them, and most of our friends live there, too! (Though we've made a few very dear friends here in NYC that we'll miss greatly.)

When we first get back, we'll live with Ian's parents for a while until he finds a job and we find an apartment. We've decided that for now, it doesn't really make financial sense for me to go back to work, as I'd pretty much just be handing over my paycheck to cover two kids in daycare.

I'm both excited and nervous about not working and being a full time mom. Excited because I love taking care of Poppy and Amelie, and think we're going to have so much fun together; and nervous because I've worked my whole adult life! I started working when I was 15 years old, and have always had a job since. It will be an adjustment for sure.

Seattle is a beautiful city, and we're so excited for this big change in our lives. I'm so thrilled that the girls get to grow up there, though I do think it will be totally cool that they get to say they were born in NYC. We'll certainly take them back for visits though, to show them where they started their little lives.

I'm leaving in about two weeks, so there is a lot to do; and not much time in my day to do it! I'm just trying to slowly chip away at it all, and realize that one way or another; it will get done.

Big changes on the horizon for us, and we couldn't be more thrilled!


~M

*photo found here

P.S. We've slipped a little in the numbers on Top Baby Blogs. Would you mind clicking below to vote for us? No need to register for anything and you can vote once a day! Thanks! :)

Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Congrats on the move and welcome back to the great PNW (from one Washingtonian to another!). Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete