Thursday, August 25, 2011

head above water

Ian and I knew that moving across the country, just weeks after having our twins would be tough, but I think in the back of our minds we thought it wouldn't be THAT bad. Well, it is. It's really hard. We are dealing with so much at once, it kind of just feels like we're barely treading water. We keep saying to each other "It will all get done one way or another..." but lately even that feels like a stretch.

When I'm home all day with the girls, it's really hard to get much of anything done. I can get a few things done here and there, but not a lot. I mean, mostly what needs to be done for my departure (I'm leaving two weeks before Ian, so that he can do the majority of the packing without two babies to take care of) is just packing my suitcases with stuff that the girls and I will need. But I can't really do that yet, because well, we're still using a lot of that stuff.

Also, we went to the pediatrician yesterday for their first shots, and she said she wanted us to "keep an eye" on how quickly Amelie's head size was growing (it shot up a lot between the last visit and this one) and also to just keep an eye on both of their head circumferences in general. (Poppy is in the 95th percentile). And of course we made the mistake of googling all the things that a large head or quick head growth could mean. Also, they are both favoring turning their heads to one side, which we need to try and correct. Most likely, we're going to take them to a physical therapist once we arrive in Seattle so that he can do some exercises to get them to be ok with turning their heads to the right. Amelie's head is a little uneven because of how she always turns her head to the left, and they both don't like turning it to the right.

Anyway, all of these worries about the girls on top of the move stress is a lot to handle right now. We both know there will be a light at the end of the tunnel; it just might be a little while. For now we just have to hang in there, love each other and love our girls.

~M

6 comments:

  1. Mom and Grandma SandyAugust 27, 2011 at 12:25 PM

    I wish I could be there to help you! You and Ian are doing an amazing job dealing with all of this! Very soon, you will be looking back on this time and taking a deep breath, and saying, yes, we were amazing! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry so much is going on! We have been thinking of you and praying everything will be ok. I know an exceptional chiropractor in Seattle who specializes in pediatrics, and she likely knows other physical therapists, naturopaths, etc. She also has a baby of her own. Let me know if that might help with the head turning issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, so much going on it must be difficult. But stay positive and be patient and everything will come about. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire you on so many levels. Having twins alone is quite an adjustment, but you have taken on quite a lot of extra work as well. I pray that God will give you strength, endurance, joy, and a sense of humor along the way through this difficult time. Be kind to yourself. Do what you have the strength to do trust God for the rest. There is a difference between excellence and perfectionism.

    Blessings,

    Ginny
    http://mybestbabybargains.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much happening and going on all at once, hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I was reading your blogs it seems like you and your family are pretty lad back. I think that is great. I was wondering if you have ever heard of a company called SallyeAnder Soaps. They make an all natural handmade soap that does not include chemicals or toxins making it safe for babies. And with a new born in your family that is important. My wife and I have been using their soaps for almost 3 years now after our neighbor recommended their soaps to us. Here is their website if you wanted to check them out. www.sallyeander.com. Their Calendula & Chamomile Shampoo Bar is amazing especially for craddle cap with babies.

    ReplyDelete