Monday, April 25, 2011

the perks of pregnancy, and also some randomness

On Friday my work was closed for Good Friday. I had an ultrasound at 8:30 that morning, so no sleeping in for me, but I didn’t care. I love ultrasounds! This one was to measure growth. They have to measure growth every four weeks to make sure they are growing enough, and that they aren’t more than 40% different in size. I also was so relieved to see them and their little heartbeats, because lately their movement has SEEMED sporadic. I don’t think it actually is, but it just seems that way. I watched them on the screen on Friday, and they were moving all around, and I didn’t feel every movement they made. So, apparently there’s lots going on in there that I don’t feel. Also, I can’t differentiate between which baby is kicking me. So, sometimes I get all paranoid that Baby B is doing all the kicking/moving, and I haven’t felt Baby A for a long time. But, I think it’s just that I can’t tell who is doing what. It always baffles me when I read or hear pregnant ladies saying “Oh, yes, I totally keep getting kicked in the kidneys or the bladder, or the ribs.” I don’t know how they can tell which internal organ is getting kicked. To me so far, it just feels like they’re kicking my “insides”.

During the ultrasound though, when the tech had finished and left the room, we were waiting for the doctor to arrive to double check everything. I was laying on the table chatting with Ian and all of the sudden there was a BIG kick, and we both saw my stomach move. Ian was at least four feet away from me. It was crazy. This has started to happen all the time; I can actually see the kick from the outside. Crazy!

Anyway, (this is kind of rambly so far; sorry.) after the ultrasound, I had the whole day free. Unfortunately, I had a really un-fun way to spend the day all planned out. My driver’s license needed to be renewed, and since I’m never off work when the DMV is open, I decided I needed to take care of it on Friday. I didn’t think that many people would have Good Friday off. Apparently I was wrong. I got there and there was a line that probably would have taken me over 2 hours to get to the front of. I considered just leaving, because I really don’t think I can stand for that long, but I decided to see if I could tough it out. After about 5 minutes of waiting in line, one of the DMV guys came up to me, looked at my gigantor belly and said, “Here, let me help you out.” He then proceeded to take me up to the front of the line! Wahoo! I apologized to the guy behind me, but honestly, I didn’t feel too bad. I don’t know how I would have possibly be able to stand in line for that long. So, what would have normally been a 2-4 hour trip to the DMV ended up being only about 45 minutes. Huzzah for pregnancy! :)

Regarding the PUPPP itching, it seems to be getting a LITTLE bit better. Ian found this soap that is supposed to help called “Grandpa’s Pine Tar Soap”. I’ve been using it 3 times per day for the last few days, and honestly, I think it’s starting to help. I still have to ice my stomach a couple of times a day and also at night, but it’s starting to feel like it could be improving. I really hope so!! I honestly have been having such a lovely pregnancy so far, I would hate to have this itching ruin the last couple of months. I just hope it's gone by the time the summer comes; because the itching is MUCH worse when I'm hot. Keep your fingers crossed!

We didn’t get any pictures from the most recent ultrasound, because both of the babies were all curled up and face down, so no cute profile pics could be taken. I think it might be hard from here on out, since they’re so crowded in there. Baby A they are approximating at 2 pounds 15 ounces, and Baby B is approximately 2 pounds 11 ounces. They are still right on track, so that’s great! I can’t believe we only have 10 weeks to go! Crazy.

Happy Monday to all! I hope you had a great Easter weekend.

~M

Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

0 comments:

Post a Comment