Wednesday, February 9, 2011

weekly wednesday update

How far along? 17 weeks 1 day!

Total weight gain/loss:
Haven't weighed myself since my appointment last week when I was up a total of four pounds in 16 weeks. I should probably track it at home, but I know my scale won't be the same as the doctor's office.


Stretch marks? Nope. I thought I saw some this morning, but it turns out it was just some temporary wrinkles I got on my skin from the sheets. :)

Maternity clothes? Yep. A lot of what I wear is maternity. Dresses, pants, tights, some tops. A lot of my tops still fit, so I'm getting use out of them while I can. I think I'm actually set for a while! I think I have a pretty decent mix of work and casual clothes that will work for quite a while.


Sleep: Well, recently I've started snoring. I hate this for a couple of reasons. One: No one likes to hear that they snore; especially when this hasn't been something you've really ever done. It makes me feel crummy. And two: I can tell that I'm not sleeping as well. I got those breathe right strips, and it helps a little, but Ian informed me that I still snored a little this morning. It's because of all the swelling inside my nose, and all the congestion I have due to super fun pregnancy hormones. It's sort of been plaguing me since almost the very beginning, but must be worse lately; thus the snoring. I'm going tonight to get a warm mist humidifier. I already started sleeping with an extra pillow to raise my head up a little, but I guess I need the humidifier too.

Best moment this week: Not one particular moment, but I love knowing they can hear now, and talking to them when I get the chance.


Movement: Not yet- soon I hope!

Food cravings: Haven't really had any major ones. Ice cream always sounds good, though I've only had it a couple times since finding out I was pregnant.


Genders: GIRLS! We're going in to get another anatomy scan in two and a half weeks, and they'll confirm the sexes again then.

Labor Signs: Nope.

Belly Button in or out? It's in.

What I miss: I miss when I didn't snore. I also miss clear skin.


What I am looking forward to: Feeling my girls move! Very excited for that.

Weekly Wisdom: Ummmm... I have no wisdom this week. I tried for several minutes to think if I have acquired any wisdom, but alas, I don't think I have. I'll look for more wisdom for next week.

Milestones: Well, I just looked on my "What to expect" app on my iphone, and it appears my uterus is the size of a cantaloupe. I wonder if mine is bigger because of twins? Crazy.

Also, this week, the babies are the size of sweet potatoes. :)


This is what they look like in utero at 16 weeks, so, one week behind where I am now. They didn't have a 17 week picture:

They can yawn and hiccup now, and they are moving all around; twists, rolls, kicks, punches. Ninja babies!

Happy Wednesday!

~M

*photos found here and here

2 comments:

  1. cute! love these posts ... i've been snoring throughout too ... which i hate! i used to always give john a hard time about this and now it's my turn. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just logged on to read the weekly Wednesday post. Love these!

    So, it must be something about all the extra blood or just general preggo puffiness, but I totally remember "sheet marks" lasting way longer than normal. I used to think they were stretch marks all the time too.

    That's really cool to see the picture of how they are situated inside you. I still can't believe there are two in there!! Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete