Tuesday, March 13, 2012

sew cute

For Christmas, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law gave me a whole bunch of sewing stuff, and lent me a machine so that I could try my hand at sewing! I don't think I've sewn anything since 7th grade when I made a duffel bag in home ec. I think I got a B on it, so it wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible.

Anyway, The girls have these really cute onesies that were given to me as a gift, and I thought, hey, I might be able to make something like that! I mean, not as good of course, but just sew something simple on the front of a onesie.


 So, the above are the ones I got as gifts, and here are the ones I made:



They turned out ok! I mean, not spectacular, but cute enough. :) Also "made" by me are the girls' leggings. I just chopped the foot part off of a pair of girls' long socks and hemmed them. They are ok, but they fall down too much, so I think I'll add some elaastic for the next pair I make.

I have to say, I really liked making these little things! I have a few patterns that were part of my Christmas gift so I might try my hand at those next. Or, I'll just keep sewing stuff on to the front of onesies. :)

~M

Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

0 comments:

Post a Comment