Saturday, March 10, 2012

I'm back, babies!

Hi, all! Well, it seems as though this whole "first-time-mom-taking-care-of-two-babies" thing has been a bit of a time suck. A good time suck, don't get me wrong. But time for blogging? My goodness; I rarely have time to shower. I bet you're anxious to hang out with me now! Covered in spit up and drool and not showering daily? Hot.

But today, I am sitting at a Starbucks, drinking my coffee while it's STILL WARM, and taking an hour to do some blogging! My sweet husband is watching the girls, and it's kind of crazy having this kind of free time right now. I almost don't know what to do with myself!

I certainly don't know where to start! Let's see, we left off when they were 3 months and now they're almost NINE months??? whoa.

How about we start here:


(Amelie L, Poppy R)

and here:


 (Poppy L, Amelie R)
 and also here:


  (Poppy L, Amelie R)

I know what you're thinking. They're ridiculously cute. So cute, it's almost not fair! :) I might be biased, but I don't care.

These girls are the joy of my life. Every day I wake up very , very tired, and reluctant to get out of bed; but when I see their big smiles first thing, it makes everything easier. They are just the sweetest babies, especially in the morning or any time they wake up from a nap. All smiles and super excited about life.

I have so much I want to talk about! So much has happened in the last 6 months that I don't know where to begin. My life is so drastically different than it was 9 months ago, it's just unbelievable. My day is filled with baby smiles and cries, drools and diapers, fussing and giggling, exploring and learning and seeing things through brand new eyes. Even on the worst day (and there have been some pretty bad ones) I wouldn't trade it for the world. These girls are my heart and I love them more and more every single day.

So, I am going to make a commitment to doing a daily blog post again; even if it's just a picture or a few sentences. I started this blog as a place to vent and to let out my heartache about my fertility issues. Now I'd really like to keep it up to have a little virtual baby book to track all of the goings on of my cute girls. And to also possibly continue to vent from time to time, as I know every day isn't an easy one. Topics I plan on discussing in the upcoming posts; feeding, sleeping, crawling, teething, making time for myself, struggles with being a stay at home mom, trying to maintain a small portion of your normal life while parenting, tons and tons of cuteness, and much, much more. There will always be pictures because of course. The aforementioned adorableness.

like this:


(Poppy L, Amelie R)

More soon!

~ M

P.S. So, I list my blog on topbabyblogs.com, and I used to be in the top 20! I now am down around 400. Oops. Guess that's what taking a 6 month hiatus from blogging will do to ya. Would you mind clicking on the below link? You don't have to sign up for anything. Just click and vote for me. And you can do it once a day! So if you felt so inclined, you could do that! I know! So exciting, right?? I promise that if you vote for me, I will keep the posts coming. Thanks! :)

Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

2 comments:

  1. You were out by yourself!!!! So happy for you. It's just necessary. And totally a weird feeling at first! And they are so very very VERY cute. I'm so excited to read your upcoming posts!

    I laughed out loud when you said "time suck". So true...the ULTIMATE time suck and the very best kind. I had a friend the other day say when I was describing a really hard day we had lately that I probably wonder "what have I done" (she has no kids) and I was like, "NO, NEVER!! Even in my very worst most horribly sleep deprived moments have I EVER wanted my life before Oliver back, not for a second." Until you have your own, it's just hard to fathom that. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. their smiles are soooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete