Wednesday, September 8, 2010

getaway

Sorry I've been a bit absent lately. Just not really a lot to report. The long weekend was quite lovely though; ah, how I wish all weekends were 3 days.

We took a nice drive up the coast on Sunday and spent the day in Mystic, CT (the town that the awesome movie Mystic Pizza was based on). It was a beautiful town (if a tad touristy) and it was nice to be near the water.

We are feeling better in general, but still have low days for sure. For some reason Monday was a hard day for me. Don't entirely know why; just sort of felt like all of the sudden everything was very stressful, and overwhelming and sort of just sitting on my chest. But, the day ended and the next day was much better. Mostly due to him:

I had my first Weight Watchers weigh in on Tuesday, and so far I've lost 3.8 pounds. :) Quite pleased with that considering in Mystic I had ice cream AND pizza. Though all within my points range so it was ok. :) And very tasty.

I'm looking forward to the changing of the season. Not just because I hate New York summers, but because the changing of the season to me always brings hope of "possibilities" and "change". And both of those sound pretty darn good.

~M

0 comments:

Post a Comment